The William Hill Sports Book of the Year Shortlist was announced on 25 October 2018.
Tiger takes on ‘Terminator’ Magee for 30th William Hill Sports Book of the Year Award
Seven-strong shortlist for world’s richest and longest-running prize for sports writing revealed
“Magnificent seven bring a depth of insight and fresh perspective to areas of sport and sporting history so often misunderstood, misinterpreted, underestimated or overlooked in the headline-led, here today, gone tomorrow media culture.” – Graham Sharpe, Chair of Judges
Read the full press release announcement
The shortlist in full (alphabetically by author’s surname):
- Fear and Loathing on the Oche: A Gonzo Journey Through the World of Championship Darts by King ADZ (Yellow Jersey)
- Tiger Woods by Jeff Benedict and Armen Keteyian (Simon & Schuster)
- The Boy on the Shed by Paul Ferris (Hodder & Stoughton)
- The Lost Soul of Eamonn Magee by Paul D. Gibson (Mercier Press)
- A Boy in the Water by Tom Gregory (Particular Books)
- Berlin 1936: Sixteen Days in August by Oliver Hilmes (The Bodley Head)
- Sevens Heaven: The Beautiful Chaos of Fiji’s Olympic Dream by Ben Ryan (Weidenfeld & Nicolson)
The winner will be announced at an afternoon reception at BAFTA on Tuesday 27 November.