Politics - US By Graham Sharpe

Bookies On A Loser As Clinton-Trump Showdown Moves Closer?

Political punters will now have to stake 25 dollars or pounds to make a profit of just ONE (odds of 1/25 or a 96% chance) if they wish to back Hillary Clinton with bookmakers William Hill to be the Democrat candidate in the race to the White House – while those fancying Donald Trump must bet seven dollars or pounds to make a profit of TWO if they wish to gamble on Trump being the Republican candidate – odds of 2/7, or a 77% chance.

And William Hill now make Hillary Clinton 2/5 favourite (stake 5 for proft of 2; 72%chance) with Donald Trump 5/2 (stake 2 for profit of 5 – 28% chance) to emerge as President.

'The final showdown looks like a nightmare for bookies with the two most heavily backed candidates (one Hill's client, John Mappin will collect at least £75,000 if Trump wins) fighting it out – it could well be a no-win situation for us' said William Hill's spokesman Graham Sharpe.'Amazingly, we once offered Donald Trump at 200/1 to win the race to the White House'

Latest William Hill Presidential Election odds:

To be Democrat Candidate: 1/25 Clinton; 10/1 Sanders; 22/1 Biden

To be Republican Candidate: 2/7 Trump; 11/2 Cruz; 7/1 Kasich; 25/1 Ryan; 33/1 Romney

To be President: 2/5 Clinton; 5/2 Trump; 18/1 Kasich; 20/1 Sanders; 25/1 Cruz; 40/1 Biden; 50/1 Romney; 100/1 Ryan.

To be Vice President: 5/2 Castro; 5/1 Warren; 6/1 Christie; 6/1 Kasich; 10/1 Haley; Kaine; O'Malley; Rubio; 14/1 Sanders. Others on request.