Money Still Pouring On Corbyn
A customer in a William Hill Ascot betting shop has staked £4500 on Jeremy Corbyn to become the next Labour leader as bets continue to pour in for the red hot favourite, who has now been cut from 2/9 to 1/7 (stake £7 for potential profit of £1).
'Whatever odds we offer political punters are snapping them up as though they are buying money at a no risk discount price' said Hill's spokesman Graham Sharpe.
William Hill now offer 5/2 that there will not be another Labour government before 2026-2030 inclusive.
- NEXT LABOUR LEADER: 1/7 Corbyn; 6/1 Burnham; 11/1 Cooper; 100/1 Kendall.
- CORBYN TO WIN ON FIRST PREFERENCE VOTES; 4/6 Yes; 11/10 No
- NEXT GENERAL ELECTION....5/4 Hung Parliament; 11/8 Conservative overall majority; 10/3 Labour overall majority.
- NEXT OVERALL LABOUR MAJORITY GOVT TO TAKE OFFICE: 5/2 2026-30 inclusive: 11/4 2021-25 inclusive; 3/1 2031 or later; 10/3 in or before 2020.
- CORBYN TO LEAD LABOUR INTO NEXT GENERAL ELECTION? 2/7 No; 5/2 Yes (Void if not elected Leader)