Our annual HOME Awards are one of the biggest events in the William Hill calendar, when we celebrate and reward colleagues who have gone the extra mile over the past year.
This gives our colleagues worldwide the opportunity to make sure we recognise all those people who make a massive contribution to our success and live by our Home Principles in every thing they do.
HOME Award categories
Hungry for Success
Always looking to do better than before, better than the competition. Beating targets, being results focused, never settling for average/second best. Taking the best from who we are and where we have come from to drive the future of betting and gaming. Always thinking of new ways of doing things and never settling for average or second best.
- We take opportunities to learn more about our business every day to continually improve what we do and provide value to our colleagues, customers and shareholders
- We work as a team, breaking down barriers and supporting one another to deliver the very best performance
- We think and talk about our heritage, our industry and our competitors, always building on what we do to stay ahead of the game
- We look beyond our own industry for innovations and the highest standards to constantly push ourselves to achieve even greater goals
- We recognise colleagues who strive to achieve and go the extra mile
- We focus on delivering goals that are aligned to wider business objectives
Putting our customers first, at all times – whoever they are. Always looking to exceed their expectations. Owning the customer and any problems. Never doing just the job, but always going further.
- We openly welcome our customers (internal and external) every day, putting their needs before our own
- We actively engage with our customers and colleagues to anticipate their needs, identify how and where we can improve our service and actively seek feedback on our performance
- We provide our very best to everyone every day, going the extra mile to delight our customers
- We take responsibility for the issues that are brought to our attention until they are resolved
- We handle the request before us and then take the time to ask/provide what else can we do.
Making It Happen
We welcome change and innovation. We look at new ways to do things, new ideas, trying things out. Being empowered to make decisions and implement change. If you can make a difference, do – and remember that people need encouragement and recognition.
- We look to make improvements in everything we do every day
- We challenge ourselves and our colleagues to make improvements no matter how small, every day
- We make decisions and follow through, tracking our successes
- We take calculated risks, exploring and experimenting with changes and their impact
- We engage with the right people, at the right time, to make the right decisions that are both collaborative and considerate of those affected
- We follow through on our commitments to our colleagues and our customers, demonstrating accountability and making sure we do what we say we will.
Considering everyone, recognising skills, expertise and the contribution of colleagues. Celebrating what people do to support each other, support our customers and support the business. Never taking anyone for granted. Understanding that all our customers are vital, through every channel and every product.
- We listen and engage with our people locally and across the company
- We provide a consistent level of respect and courtesy regardless of role or position
- We welcome and celebrate diversity and seek input from expert colleagues
- We recognise expertise and excellence on a daily basis, celebrating our successes
- We stop what we are doing, listen and respond to everyone who walks through our door
- We create an environment for great performance, developing, coaching and encouraging each other.