Recruitment Privacy Notice
Click on the relevant notice below to read our commitment to keeping your data safe, in your language.
Recruitment Privacy Notice (English)
We want to make sure you and your data stay safe online. We, William Hill Organization Limited and WHG (International) Limited, jointly and severally liable (William Hill), will process personal data that you submit to us as a controller. We’ll process any personal data under the terms set out in this Privacy Notice.
Personal data we collect
We only collect personal data (including special categories of personal data and personal data relating to criminal convictions and offences) that you submit to us when you apply for a role with us or send to us via email. This could be your name, contact details, previous employment, education history and anything else that’s in your CV, cover letter or any references.
Why we process this personal data
We need your personal data so that we can consider you for the role you’ve applied for with us. We may also share your personal data with other people within William Hill for the same reasons. We would only share this with your consent, which you give when you apply for a role with us.
If we decide to offer you a role with us, we may process your personal data so that we can hire you to work at William Hill. We have to process your data so that we can raise and offer you a contract of employment.
If unfortunately we don’t offer you a role, we’ll of course stop processing your data (see Retaining your personal data section below). However, we may ask that we do keep your data for a time so that we can re-consider you for other roles with us. If that’s ok with you, we would only process your data for these reasons.
We might also use your data to understand more about the demographics of people applying to work with us. This would be aggregated and anonymised so this information stops being personal data as we wouldn’t be able to identify you, and it wouldn’t be used to inform any decisions made about you.
Keeping your personal data secure
We know your personal data is important to you. It’s important to all of us. So we’ll treat it as confidential.
Disclosing your personal data
As we’ve already mentioned, we might share some of your data with other colleagues within William Hill.
There may also be carefully selected third parties who would process your personal data on our behalf. These third parties will only process your personal data according to our guidelines. We’ll make sure that there are measures in place keeping your data safe at all times, in line with this Privacy Notice. Some of these processors are based outside of the European Economic Area and in territories whose laws do not offer the same level of protection of your personal data as within the UK and Europe, specifically US and Philippines. In such circumstances we will ensure that adequate measures are in place to keep your personal data secure, including standard contractual clauses pursuant to European Decision 2010/87/EC and those that are certified with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework.
- We may also share your information with third parties in the following situations, where it’s legally allowed: Where we’re required to do so by law, court order or governmental authority.
- If we believe doing so is necessary to protect the rights, property, security, or safety of us, our colleagues or the public.
- Where required to defend ourselves legally.
- Where necessary to investigate and defend ourselves against any claims or allegations.
- While negotiating or in relation to a business transaction, such as a merger, change of control, sale of assets, or bankruptcy.
Retaining your personal data
We’ll only hold on to your personal data for as long as is necessary so we can process it, as set out in this Privacy Notice. If you’re unsuccessful in your application and don’t want us to keep your personal data then we’ll delete it within 12 months. If you’re successful then we’ll continue to process your personal data in line with our employee privacy notice.
Please note that there may be legal or regulatory reasons which mean we need to hold on to your personal data for longer.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- A right to access your personal data held by us.
- A right to receive certain personal data in machine-readable format.
- A right to have inaccurate personal data rectified.
- A right to object to processing where lawful basis is that it is in our legitimate interests, but please note that we may still process your personal data where there are other relevant lawful bases. This also comes into play where we have compelling grounds to continue processing your personal data in our interests which are not overridden by your rights, interests or freedoms.
- A right to have certain personal data erased where it is no longer necessary for us to process it, where you have withdrawn your consent (see paragraph below), where you have objected to the paragraph above , where your personal data has been unlawfully processed, or where erasing your personal data is required in accordance with a legal obligation.
- A right to request an explanation of the logic involved where we make decisions about you solely through automated means.
- A right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority in respect of our processing of your personal data.
- Where we have specifically requested your consent to process your personal data and have no other lawful conditions to rely on you have the right to withdraw this consent.
If you’re not sure about your rights let us know or your data protection supervisory authority.
If you’d like to exercise any of your rights then you can do so by contacting us. Note that whilst we’ll try to accommodate any request you make in respect of your rights they are not absolute rights. This means that we may have to refuse your request or may only be able to comply with it in part.
Where you make a request in respect of your rights we’ll require proof of identification. We may also ask that you clarify your request. If we receive repeated requests or have reason to believe requests are being made unreasonably we may not be required to respond.
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ve also set up a Data Protection Office which oversees data protection at William Hill. If you’ve got any queries regarding your personal data you can contact the Data Protection Office by emailing email@example.com.
Recruitment Privacy Notice (Global excl Europe)
Keeping your data safe online.
Global recruitment Privacy Statement
- You may submit information, including personal data and sensitive personal data, to us via the on-line application forms and email addresses as an application (collectively, "application data"). Sensitive data that you may be asked to provide for purposes of completing an on-line application, or as otherwise required pursuant to applicable regulations and/or laws, may include information as to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious, philosophical or similar beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual life, commission of criminal offences and/or involvement in criminal proceedings, but will be collected only where allowable by the laws of the applicable jurisdiction.
By allowing us to store this information you’re agreeing to us processing your application data for recruitment purposes including
- to identify and contact you regarding recruitment with us;
- to determine your suitability for current or future potential roles with us;
- to provide you with information about job vacancies offered us, upon request; and
- in consideration of your applications and your recruitment by us
Data Protection and Confidentiality
- We acknowledge that your contact details and application data (as defined above) is confidential. We’ll maintain the confidentiality of and protect your application in accordance with our normal procedures and all applicable laws.
- We will use your application data and contact details solely for the purposes of recruitment or marketing, as more fully described above. We may use information obtained about you from monitoring your use of this website solely for internal purposes including site performance and evaluation site use. Personal data collected by monitoring will be aggregate, no personal or sensitive personal data will be used other than for the purpose for which it was originally obtained.
- You acknowledge and agree that the location of our offices may change from time to time and that we may acquire other offices in any number of other countries or territories at any time, any one or more of which may act as a controller of and/or process your information. We’ll not disclose your data to any other third party unless for recruitment purposes or required to do so by law or regulators.
You acknowledge and agree that as a global organisation we may from time to time transfer any of your contact details and/or application data overseas to any of our offices or of any of our affiliates, agents or appointed representatives, located in countries that may not offer equivalent data protection or privacy laws to that in countries where you are located. While we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Personal Data is only used according to our instructions and directions and treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement you may not have rights under data protection legislation in those jurisdictions equivalent to those applicable in the country where you are located. Please do not send us any personal data if you do not want that information to be processed by us in the ways described by this notice.
- You’ve the right to access your personal data whether submitted as an application or otherwise by sending us a written request. If you believe that the personal data we hold is incorrect then please notify us. If data is found to be incorrect then we will take appropriate steps to resolve the situation.
- Occasionally third parties may provide storage services to us. In those circumstances those third parties shall be required to enter into a confidentiality agreement on no less stringent terms than found in this privacy statement and to process your data solely in accordance with our instructions.